Air Quality


Air Quality

Did you know that Irish people spend an average of 90% of their time indoors? This is why it is crucial that the air inside of our homes should be clean and free of pollutants.

Outdoor mould growth usually peaks in late summer to early fall when there is an abundance of dead and dying vegetation such as fallen leaves, rotting wood, and vegetation. Then they hibernate in the winter. But indoor moulds are alive and making people unwell year round. Coming into contact with even the slightest amount of mould can trigger an allergy response.

The following is a list of symptoms associated with poor Indood Air Quality (IAQ): Headaches, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomitting, skin rash, eye/nose/throat irritation, respiratory infection, asthma, allergies, lung cancer.

All of these symptoms can be the result of exposure to mould. Mould, also known as the “Invisible Killer“, can hide behind walls and floors and in the air you breathe.

Moulds can trigger asthma episodes in sensitive individuals with asthma.  People with asthma should avoid contact with or exposure to moulds.

Moulds produce allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), irritants and, sometimes, toxic substances.

Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes and skin rash.

Some people are more sensitive than others, including babies and children, elderly people and those with existing skin problems, such as eczema.

So how can you know if you have a mould problem before it’s too late? Book an air quality test.

Buy DIY mould check kit NOW to check your air quality for hidden toxic mould spores in any Irish home